Saturday, December 19, 2009

Finale

Alright. Last one. For real. Just had to keep going... maybe it's coping? Who the hell knows.

Below is an email from Nick. It's from when Jasmine and I had first moved up to San Francisco... We were super scared, and had no idea what to expect. We were starting to get a few jobs, but life was still pretty depressing overall (as it can be with no $$). Nick always helped keep us on our feet, and we'd often time look forward to his emails and phone calls to cheer us up. Most of them would be too personal for this venue, but this one isn't too bad, and sorta sums up how Nick saw things later on in his life. It's classic Dekker humor, with a hard hitting ending. Needless to say, it was even a tear jerker back then. Now it's just too much.

Enjoy.


"HEY PICKLEBOY!! what's this i hear you are talking the talk about my bro "Boss Hog"
we don't do that kind of shi_ here in the hood. SO WELCOME TO MY WORLD BIG BOY
"CANDY MAN" "forever young" we will always be!
I will get back with you
Hugs to your woman, don't let her come on down to the hood, I own this place, forever!!

I look at this photo, and i just want to walk right up there and jump on in, and stay there forever, I am lonesome for a time in my life
that i was on top of the world, and didn't even know it. Just walk on down that street in the background and fade away into my memories.

be cool up there in the North, and remember to be patient, it takes time to build an empire.
Love
N."

No comments: